Dentures and Crowns
Learn about the Pros and Cons of both.
The benefits of Dentures & Crowns
Tooth loss as the result of tooth decay, gum disease, trauma, and so forth can have a significant impact on your appearance. If you don’t have teeth, or if your teeth are severely damaged, everyday tasks like chewing and talking can be a challenge.
The good news is that there are solutions available in the form of dentures and crowns.
On this page we will be taking an in-depth look at what dentures and crowns are, the benefits of these solutions, and what you should do to benefit from these solutions.
A denture is an artificial and removable replacement for missing teeth and other oral tissues. Although you may have to take some time to get used to your dentures, they are more comfortable and easier to insert and take out of your mouth today than they were a few years ago. Modern dentures also have a natural appearance.
The base of the upper denture covers the roof of your mouth, and the base of the lower denture is open so you can move your tongue freely around your mouth. The opening gives the lower denture the shape of a horseshoe.
At 04 Dental in Austin, TX, we will make an impression of your mouth to ensure that your dentures fit you perfectly. After consultation and an oral examination, we will also recommend a suitable denture type for you.
Here are three types of dentures:
- Conventional Full Denture: Conventional full dentures are permanent dentures that you can insert after all your teeth have been removed and your oral tissues and gums have healed completely. The recovery period after teeth removal can take several months, and you will have to spend this time without teeth.
- Immediate Full Denture: You can insert immediate full dentures directly after the removal of your teeth. The benefit of this type of denture is that you don’t have to go a long time without teeth. You can insert the dentures while your oral tissues are healing, but you have to visit us several times for a realignment, as your jawbone will change shape throughout the recovery process, and your denture will loosen.
- Partial Denture: A partial denture is a removable alternative to a bridge. If you don’t have all of your teeth missing, you can insert a denture that only contains the number of teeth that you have missing. This denture is supported by a framework that rests on your natural teeth. In some cases, we may recommend that you have a crown placed on your natural teeth to anchor the partial dentures into place.
Why Choose 04 Dental for Your Dentures
If you have missing teeth, there are several benefits to dentures. You will be able to smile, eat, and speak with confidence, your facial muscles won’t start sagging, and your facial appearance will improve.
To derive these benefits from dentures, however, you need the right type of denture that is made from the most suitable material. They also have to be made specifically for your mouth.
If your dentist doesn’t follow the correct procedure, the lifespan of your dentures will be shortened significantly, you may continuously have difficulties with sores, irritation, and discomfort, and your dentures will not allow you complete functionality.
At 04 Dental, not only will you receive services from highly qualified and skilled dental professionals that follow the proper procedures, but we will also go the extra mile to ensure that getting your dentures is a pleasant experience.
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped cover that is placed over a tooth to restore its size and functionality. A crown is cemented into place so that it covers the entire visible surface of the tooth, from the gum line to the cusp.
Since a crown has the shape of a natural tooth, it can enhance the appearance of a decayed, broken, or discolored tooth. Dental crowns have several other functions as well.
A dentist may recommend getting a crown to protect a decaying tooth or to keep a cracked tooth together. Crowns can also be inserted to cover a partial dental implant or anchor a dental bridge in place.
There are many different crown types, and the kind we recommend at 04 Dental depends on the patient’s oral condition and the reason for the crown placement.
The crown types include the following:
- Stainless steel crowns as a temporary measure, usually to protect children’s teeth
- Metal crowns that are strong and that can withstand grinding and strong chewing
- Porcelain-fused-to-metal that can match the color of the adjacent teeth
- All resin crowns that are the most affordable type for temporary applications
- Porcelain or ceramic crowns for aesthetic applications and patients that are allergic to metals.
Dental crown cost depends on the type of crown you need and the procedures for preparing your tooth and cementing the crown. Placing a crown may also require more than one dental visit and healing periods.
Affordable Dentures and Crowns
For crowns and low-cost dentures in Austin, contact 04 Dental. Our team of experienced, skilled, and qualified dental care providers carries out extensive examination and preparation procedures to ensure that they provide patients with the most optimal solution.
If you suffer from a dental condition that may require a denture, crown, or any other solution, contact us today.
Schedule Your Appointment
Come meet our friendly and caring staff!
Monday: 7:30am – 4:00pm
Tuesday: 7:30am – 4:00pm
Wednesday: 7:30am – 4:00pm
Thursday: 7:30am – 4:00pm
Friday: 7:30am – 12:00pm